Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc, parent company of Chromalox, is one of over 40 leading UK companies that has committed to achieving carbon neutrality before 2040 and one of over 20 companies that has committed to biodiversity net gain.*
The full list of commitments made by Group Chief Executive, Nicholas Anderson, ahead of a Business Leaders Event, organised by the Council for Sustainable Business and DEFRA, on 29th June 2020 include:
Climate change commitments
- Achieve Net-Zero greenhouse gas emissions before 2040.
- Source 50% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2030.
- Designate Board accountability for greenhouse gas emissions.
- Extend our reporting to include Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Certify our greenhouse gas emission reduction efforts with an external body.
- Establish a 2030 biodiversity net gain target.
- Identify any harmful direct impacts and dependencies our business has on nature and biodiversity and set targets for reducing them.
- Commit to publishing the results of our work.
The commitments were made on behalf of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc and all its Group companies.
Speaking of the commitments, Nicholas Anderson said,
“As a large and successful engineering company with a legacy of industry leadership and technical innovation, Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc is well positioned to take a leading role in the transition towards a more environmentally and socially sustainable economy. I firmly believe that it is our responsibility to be an agent of positive change as we manage and improve our own sustainability and help our customers and suppliers to do the same. These are just some of the commitments that Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc, and its Group companies, will make as we accelerate our Sustainability agenda and performance in the coming years.”
Dominique Mallet, President of the Electric Thermal Solutions (ETS) business said,
“The time has come for businesses, and society, to take individual and collective responsibility for climate change and biodiversity loss, and to step up our efforts to tackle these important global challenges. I am fully supportive of the commitments made by Nicholas Anderson, our Group Chief Executive, and look forward to delivering progress against them in the coming years. As an organization ETS is developing innovative solutions with our customers to support their targets of energy efficiency and reduction of their own environmental impacts.”
Progress against these and other sustainability targets will be outlined annually in the Annual Report and Accounts of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc.
* Source: https://councilforsustainablebusiness.com/our-supporters, (Accessed 9th July 2020)