The ETR-3400 with Smarter Logic offers extensive features that are rarely available on a 1/32 DIN controller. In addition to universal field selectable inputs, auto tuning of PID parameters and a selection of various control outputs, this controller has an additional analog input and an event input, an analog output or digital communications and other software features which make this controller a stand out among 1/32 DINs.
Flexible Second Input:
The control sensor input is the primary input. The second input can be set up as a CT (current transformer) input to monitor the actual heater current and alarm if a heater is lost. The second input can also be used as a remote set point, or this input can make the controller a differential controller via a temperature transmitter (the difference in temperature between input 1 and 2).
The event input can be used for various functions: selecting between set point 1 and set point 2, between PID1 and PID2 parameters, resetting the alarms, disabling outputs, or locking out the operator parameters.
This analog output can retransmit to a PLC or recorder the Process value, input 2 value, the difference between input 1 and 2, the set point, the output 1 or 2 value, or the deviation between the set point and Process variable.
- The bumpless transfer on a sensor break continues to switch the output at the same percentage to prevent a possibly damaging change in output
- Sensor sample rates of 5 times per second allow controlling processes such as pressure and flow.
- NEMA 4X front panel rating can be used in applications requiring washing with a direct spray.
- Up to 3 outputs provide flexibility.
- Dwell Timer is excellent for cooking or other batch applications.
- Digital Communications permits networking with other controllers and computers.