RAR-EX convection heaters are designed for harsh, industrial applications requiring equipment certified for hazardous locations. They feature a rugged, corrosion resistant metal sheathed element and coated steel fins that can withstand wet, corrosive environments. The ATEX certification covers IIC gas groups for Zones 1 and 2. And an ingress protection rating of IP55 prevents moisture and dust from penetrating the terminal enclosure. The low watt density heating element allows for use in ambient temperatures up to 40°C (104°F), while maintaining the required temperature classification. RAR-EX heaters are supplied with floor mounting brackets.
RAR-EX convection heaters can be utilized in a number of applications, including:
- Explosive Chemical Stores
- Petroleum Refineries
- Paint Storage
- Fueling Areas
- Utility and Natural Gas Plants
- Pipe and Valve Freeze Protection
RAR-EX heaters are rated for a maximum ambient temperature of 40°C. It is recommended that an ambient thermostat or temperature cutout be installed to ensure that this maximum ambient temperature is not exceeded. Model RAR-EX heaters are not equipped with a protective case around the element. Take care when selecting these heaters for applications where personnel or equipment may make direct contact with element, as burns and fire may result.
Accessories for RHEX heaters include:
- TAM050EXGD 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications
- TAM050EX 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas applications
- B121 (Formerly TAB060EX) -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications