The RHEX liquid filled convection heaters are designed for harsh, industrial applications requiring equipment certified for hazardous locations. They feature a rugged, corrosion resistant painted aluminum shell that can withstand wet, corrosive environments. The ATEX certification covers IIC gas and dust groups for Zones 1, 2, 21, and 22. And an ingress protection rating of IP66 prevents moisture and dust from penetrating the terminal enclosure. The stainless steel heating elements are equipped with an integral safety thermostat and thermal fuse to prevent overheating. RHEX heaters are supplied with a wall mounting bracket and a 6.5ft (2m) power cable.
RAR-EX convection heaters can be utilized in a number of applications, including:
- Explosive Chemical Stores
- Petroleum Refineries
- Paint Storage
- Fueling Areas
- Utility and Natural Gas Plants
RAR-EX are rated for a maximum ambient temperature of 40°C. To ensure ensure element surfaces do not exceed temperature classification, it is recommended that an ambient sensing thermostat be utilized.
Accessories for RHEX heaters include:
- TAM050EXGD 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications
- TAM050EX 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas applications
- B121 (Formerly TAB060EX) -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications