RIA2 convection heaters are designed for harsh, industrial applications requiring equipment certified for hazardous locations. They feature a rugged, corrosion resistant case surrounding 304 stainless steel finned heating elements. The aluminum fins increase heat transfer and minimize the RIA2's surface temperatures. Heaters are designed for floor mounting and configurations are available with an internally or externally adjustable thermostat, eliminating the need for additional cable or conduit runs. The ATEX certification covers IIC gas groups for Zones 1 and 2. And an ingress protection rating of IP65 prevents moisture and dust from penetrating the terminal enclosure. The ATEX certification covers ambient operating temperatures from -20°C to 40°C (14°F to 104°F) and storage temperatures to -40°C (-40°F).
RIA2 convection heaters can be utilized in a number of applications, including:
- Explosive Chemical Stores
- Petroleum Refineries
- Paint Storage
- Fueling Areas
- Utility and Natural Gas Plants
- Pipe and Valve Freeze Protection
RIA2 heaters are rated for a maximum ambient temperature of 40°C. When utilizing models without factory installed thermostats, it is recommended that an ambient thermostat or temperature cutout be installed to ensure that this maximum ambient temperature is not exceeded.
Accessories for RiA2 heaters include:
- TAM050EXGD 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications
- TAM050EX 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas applications
- B121 (Formerly TAB060EX) -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications