The CXH-A fan-forced explosion proof unit heater is designed to heat areas classified as hazardous locations to provide primary or supplementary heating for comfort or freeze protection.
- Easy Installation
- Safe, Propylene Glycol Heat Transfer Fluid
- Low Surface Temperature
- Wall, Pole or Ceiling Mounting
- Built-in Controls
- Virtually Maintenance Free
- Corrosion Resistant
- 120V Control (24V optional)
- Rugged and Versatile
- Built-in Thermostat 50°F to 90°F (10˚C to 32˚C)
- Built-in Manual Disconnect Switch
- Pilot Light
- Fan Selector Switch
Cabinet — 14 gauge carbon steel with corrosion resistant polyester powder coat paint finish.
Adjustable Louvers — Individually adjustable to control the direction of airflow as needed.
Heating Elements — rugged, seamless, heavy-wall copper sheathed and thermally protected.
Factory Sealed Heat Exchanger — ASME designed, vacuum-sealed chamber, features heavy-walled steel riser tubes with integral aluminum fins and is filled with glycol-water heat transfer fluid.
Safety Pressure Relief Device — Integral to the heat exchanger, it is designed to prevent an over-pressure situation
Explosion Proof Ball Bearing Motor — Permanently lubricated and equipped with built-in thermal overload protection.
Epoxy Coated Aluminum Fan — Prevents sparking and corrosion.
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Petrochemical Facilities, Oil Rigs
- Unattended Pumping Stations
- Chemical Storage and Handling Facilities
- Paint Storage Areas
- Grain Elevators
- Coal Preparation Plants
- Aircraft Servicing Areas
- Oil Refineries
- Areas Containing Metal Dusts
Chromalox offers several kits that allow for ceiling wall and pole mounting as well as multiple thermostat options.
- Wall Mounting Kits
- Ceiling Mounting Kits
- Pole Mounting Kits
Field Installed Thermostats
- IP66 / NEMA 4X Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Thermostat
- IP54 Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Thermostat