The Chromalox EDP Portable Load Bank is
specially designed for flexibility and ease-ofuse.
Its compact, lightweight design packs a
lot of power and options.
The features of the EDP make it ideal for applications involving small AC power systems, including factory testing for generators, UPS systems, battery banks, and turbines.
- Compact Helical Open Coil heating elements
provide a compact design that fits a maximum
amount of power into the smallest
- An aluminum exterior ensures the corrosion resistant
characteristics needed for rough
environments while making the EDP as light
- A Multi-stage, contactor-based control system
with 5 kW resolution ensures accurate
- Dual voltage capability allows for 100% of
the rated load to be applied at both 240 V
and 480 V. The EDP will also operate with
75% of rated load at 208 V.
- High limit temperature control ensures immediate
shutdown in case of overheating.
- Chromalox EDP Load Banks can be used to
satisfy National Fire Protection Association
(NFPA) requirements for emergency and
standby power systems.