Chromalox LTFX style units allow tank heating
elements to be changed without draining the
tank. This is ideal for large capacity tanks that
must remain filled for continuous operation
Note: Horizontal mount only.
- No Tank Draining Required - Open-coil (OCE)
style heating elements can be inspected or
changed without draining the tank. This reduces
costs and production downtime.
- Quick & Easy Installation - Standard ANSI
flange provides a straightforward mating connection
and requires no special modifications.
- Third Party Certifications - Moisture Resistant
Housings are CSA Certified. Explosion /
Moisture Resistant Housings carry both CSA
and ATEX approvals for hazardous locations
(see table for specific listings).
- Minimal Spacing Required - Open-coil (OCE)
style elements can be bent to a vertical plane
during removal, with as little as 36" of clearance
between tanks, walls or other obstructions.
This allows more efficient use of factory floor
- Clean, Pollution Free Electric Heat - Unlike
gas or steam heat, LTFX units have no open
flames, no additional plumbing connection, quiet
operation, and better operating efficiencies. In
addition, electric heat can be precisely controlled
with Chromalox control panels.
- Matching Control Panel - Each unit can be
matched with a corresponding control panel to
ensure seamless operation. Control panels can
be provided separately or installed directly on
the LTFX unit.
- Provided Overtemperature Sensor - Each unit
comes equipped with a type J thermocouple for
overtemperature sensing on the pipe wall.
- Universal Support Stand - Support stand helps
to ensure ease of installation and minimize onsite
fabrication. (Shipped separately)
- Alternate Voltage and kW Ratings
- Larger ANSI style flanges available (up to 36",
- Optional pre-assembly with Chromalox control
- Lower watt densities for highly viscous
- Customized immersion lengths and/or flanges
for custom sized tanks are available
LTFX units provide low watt density heating over a large surface area, while providing precise temperature control for such materials as fire water storage, asphalt, diesel, lube oils, ethanol, bio-diesel, glycerin, animal fats, vegetable oils, fuel oils, or similar types of liquids.