Chromalox STFX style units allow heating
elements to be changed without draining the
tank. This is ideal for smaller, critical system
storage units that need to remain filled for
continuous operation and storage.
- No Tank Draining Required - Replaceable style
heating elements can be inspected or changed
without draining the tank. This reduces costs
and production downtime.
- Quick & Easy Installation - A standard ANSI
flange provides a straightforward mating connection
with no special modifications required.
- Stocked Replacement Elements - Standardized
heater cores allow for multiple heater
element replaceability with a minimum number
- Third-Party Certifications - Terminal housings
are CSA approved.
- Easy Element Maintenance - Replaceablestyle
elements can be easily changed by one
person with no special tooling required.
- Clean, Pollution-Free Electric Heat - Unlike
gas or steam heat, STFX units have no open
flames, no additional plumbing connection,
quiet operation, and better efficiencies. In
addition, they can be precisely controlled and
operation is simple.
- Overtemperature Sensor - Each unit is
equipped with a type J thermocouple for
overtemperature sensing on the pipe wall.
- Matching Control Panel - Each unit can be
matched with a corresponding control panel
to ensure seamless operation.
- 304 or 316 Stainless Steel Flange
- 316 or INCOLOY 800 Element Sheath
- Alternate Voltage and kW Ratings
- Explosion/Moisture Resistant Terminal Housing
- Optional direct mounting of Chromalox controls
- Customized immersion lengths for unique
- Alternate materials for corrosive applications
STFX units provide replaceable-element design
in a compact setting, while providing precise
temperature control. Units comply with API-
614 and can be used for such materials as
lube oil, fire water storage, water solutions,
asphalt, water/glycol, diesel, acidic solutions,
ethanol, bio-diesel (B-100), glycerin, animal
fats, vegetable oils, fuel oils or similar types