Chromalox opened the Ogden, Utah facility in 1976. This 184,000 ft2 plant serves as a Global Center of Excellence for the Industrial Heaters and Systems segment, including large flanged heaters, circulation heaters, and integrated systems.
- Immersion Heaters
- Systems (Heat Transfer and Circulation)
Chromalox Ogden UT Development Engineering and Engineering Lab Capabilities
- Experienced engineers with product knowledge covering the full range of products. Everything from Tubular Elements to Boilers to ASME Heat Transfer Systems.
- Mechanical calculations using PVElite and NozzlePro.
- 3D modeling, Inventor and AutoDesk platforms.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for structural and thermal analysis using Autodesk Simulation Mechanical and flow analysis using Autodesk CFD.
Engineering Lab Capabilities
- Test lab capable of supporting Third Party testing requirements.
- PC based data acquisition: temperature, voltage, and current.
- Remote test monitoring capability.
- Multiple test bays including UL/CSA defined test enclosures.
- MgO test cell.
- Product testing and failure analysis services.
Engineering Lab Testing Capabilities
- Low Voltage Power testing and monitoring up to 600V, 100Amps, 3 phase
- Medium Voltage testing.
- Dielectric Withstand testing to 20,000VAC.
- Insulation Resistance to 5000 gig-ohms.
- Hot meg-ohm and current leakage testing.
- Resistance with micro-ohm resolution.
- Radiography, digital photography, and macro imaging.
- Thermal imaging and IR scanning.
- Airflow, temperature, and sound.
- Environmental Chambers: -80°F to 250°F with humidity to 98% RH.
- Forced air convection oven to 500°F.
- Small sample muffle furnace to 2000°F.
- ISO 9001
- ASME Sec. 1, Sec. 4, Sec. 8; ASME 'U', 'E', 'S'. 'H', 'M' Stamps
- NBIC 'NB' and 'R' Stamps
- UL Listed
- UL Recognized