Medium Voltage Boilers
Chromalox DirectConnect boilers utilizing medium voltage technology drastically reduce installation, operation, and maintenance costs for large steam boiler applications. Medium voltage systems are engineered to provide precise steam control and are designed to operate for many years in service at voltages up to 7200 V. For the first time in history, the benefits of electric metal sheath element steam boilers are merged with the advantages of medium voltage operation to enable much larger boiler capacity.
Unlike large capacity electrode boilers, which have a tendency to be difficult to operate, maintain, and repair, Chromalox DirectConnect medium voltage boilers are as robust and reliable as their low voltage counterparts. You can count on long-lasting, tough, and reliable metal sheathed heating elements that are much more resilient with process variation, questionable water quality, and power fluctuations. Combined those advantages with an electric boiler's variability, efficiency (even at 10:1 turndown ratios), zero emissions, and point-of-use capability, a DirectConnect medium voltage boiler from Chromalox is a fantastic steam solution for every industry.
Over a century of product development and application experience are delivered in each product we manufacture. Chromalox in-house engineering and fabrication capability allows for an endless possibility of design. DirectConnect medium voltage heating technology is the culmination of our history. Our design innovations, testing, and independent certifications ensure unmatched quality of design with every unit. Electric heating provides the best option for steam boilers because of all of the advantages mentioned above. Now, these advantages can be leveraged into much larger steam demands due to the DirectConnect medium voltage technology.
Here are some unique features and advantages of the Chromalox DirectConnect MV technology:
- The only Medium Voltage heating element with third party certification (ETL File # 101361500DAL-001)
- The only Medium Voltage SCR control panel with third party certification (UL 347C)
- The only Medium Voltage heating element that can pass an individual 11,360V dielectric withstand test
- Patent pending SCR panel design with heater soft start algorithm and automatic in-situ dry-out switching capability
- The only Medium Voltage single-end tubular element with isolated terminal design
- Individually replaceable individual Medium Voltage heating elements
- Control panel designed for a minimum short circuit current rating of 50kA
- Separate low voltage enclosure including HMI and PLC control center
- Safety interlock systems utilized in heater and control panel to ensure safe and secured operation
- Full SCR, vacuum contactor, or SCR/Contactor hybrid designs available
- In-house element manufacturing allows the most efficient, space-saving design possible.
- All welding, pressure testing, and certification are performed in accordance with ASME and international standards.
- Chromalox power control can be fully integrated and skid-mounted with the heater for a complete package.
- Engineering design tools include 3D AutoCad, Solid Works, and PV Elite, among others.
- The only third-party certified manufacture in the world of medium voltage metal sheathed heating elements<