Medium Voltage Control Panels
Chromalox DirectConnect control systems enable our medium voltage process heating systems to perform just as well as our traditional low voltage systems, but with the added capability of operating up to 7200 Volts. Utilizing medium voltage control technology drastically reduce installation, operation, and maintenance costs of the electrical system, especially in terms of power cables, conduit, hangars, and installation labor. Even more important is the potential elimination of a very expensive transformer traditionally employed for large capacity, low voltage systems. The Chromalox medium voltage control systems are truly DirectConnect.
The proprietary Chromalox DirectConnect control systems allows for a traditional contactor "on/off" control scheme for medium voltage process heaters, but is also able to provide full, 100% SCR power control at true medium voltage rated for continual operation. In addition, a hybrid approach is available that enables contactor control for the base load with an SCR trim option. This enables tight temperature control while managing costs. Finally, and most important, is our patent-pending auto dry-out feature that enables the DirectConnect process heating system to dry out the elements in place.
Over a century of product development and application experience are delivered in each product we manufacture. Chromalox in-house engineering and fabrication capability allows for an endless possibility of design. DirectConnect medium voltage control technology is the culmination of our history. Our design innovations, testing, and independent certifications ensure unmatched quality of design with every unit. Our proprietary medium voltage SCR control system provides tremendous overall efficiency, zero emissions, precise temperature control, and ability to supply exactly what is demanded by the process. Now, these advantages can be leveraged into much larger process heating demands due to the DirectConnect medium voltage control technology.
- The only Medium Voltage heating element and heating assembly with third party certification
- The only Medium Voltage heating element that can pass an individual dielectric withstand test of up18,200V
- Patented heater soft start algorithm and automatic in-situ element dry-out switching capability
- The only Medium Voltage single-end tubular element with an isolated terminal design
- Individually replaceable Medium Voltage heating elements
- Medium Voltage Converter System designed for a minimum short circuit current rating of 50kA
- Separate low voltage compartment including HMI and PLC control center
- Safety interlock systems utilized in heater and control panel to ensure safe and secured operation
- Full SCR or SCR/Contactor hybrid designs available
• In-house element manufacturing allows the most efficient, space-saving design possible.
• All welding, pressure testing, and certification are performed in accordance with ASME and international standards.
• Chromalox power control can be fully integrated and skid-mounted with the heater for a complete package.
• Engineering design tools include 3D AutoCad, Solid Works, and PV Elite, among others.
• The only third-party certified manufacture in the world of medium voltage metal sheathed heating elements
Please click on the link below or contact Chromalox today to review your custom application and to receive a quote for a DirectConnect Medium Voltage heating and control system.