CAW convection heaters are designed for harsh, industrial applications requiring equipment certified for hazardous locations. They feature a rugged, 304 stainless steel corrosion resistant case surrounding heavy duty finned heating elements. The aluminum fins increase heat transfer and minimize the CAW's surface temperatures. Heaters are designed for horizontal floor or wall mounting. The ATEX certification covers IIC gas and IIIC dust groups for Zones 1 and 2 and 21 and 22. And an ingress protection rating of IP66 prevents moisture and dust from penetrating the terminal enclosure. The ATEX certification covers ambient operating temperatures from -20°C to 40°C (14°F to 104°F).
CAW convection heaters can be utilized in a number of applications, including:
- Aircraft hangers
- Instrumentation Enclosures
- Petroleum Refineries
- Offshore Platforms and Facilities
- Paint Storage
- Fueling Areas
- Utility and Natural Gas Plants
- Pipe and Valve Freeze Protection
CAW heaters are rated for a maximum ambient temperature of 40°C. It is recommended that an ambient thermostat or temperature cutout be installed to ensure that this maximum ambient temperature is not exceeded.
Accessories for RiA2 heaters include:
- TAM050EXGD 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications
- TAM050EX 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas applications
- B121 (Formerly TAB060EX) -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F) ambient sensing thermostat, which is ATEX certified for Gas and Dust applications