Finstrip® Finned Strip Heaters
Long service life in hostile environments
Finstrip Finned Strip Heaters
Finstrip® and Fintube® heaters are ideal for OEMs and Users for heating air or gases. Superior to open coil elements, the heating coil is completely encased in a metal sheath. This minimizes a shock hazard due to accidental contact with the heater and makes the heater more rugged. The sheath also makes these elements ideal for applications with vibration. The Finstrip® heater is also ideal for anti-condensation heating of control panels and vibrating equipment like motors or generators. Both heaters come with an array of mounting options and terminations.
Finstrip® elements are superior to open coil elements since the heating coil is completely encased in a metal sheath, minimizing a shock hazard due to accidental contact with the heater. The rigid metal sheath minimizes hot spots and electrical shorting, likely with open coil elements. Application temperatures to 565°F are typical using finned strip units.
KSEF Preformed Circular Finstrip®
Air Duct Heater
• Heat moving Air or Gas in Round Ducts
• Booster Heater in Process and Comfort Heating Ducts
• Convert existing Forced Air Dryers and Ovens
OTF Finstrip® Air Heater
Mount across Air Stream within Forced Air Ducts
• Use in Dryers, Ovens and other Process Air Heating Equipment
• Comfort Heating in Ducts, Load Banks and Humidity Controls
• Many Air Blast and Convection requirements can be accommodated by the wide range of lengths, wattages and watt densities available
Finstrip® Technical Resources
OTF - Finstrip® Air Heater
KSEF - Preformed Circular Finstrip®
Request a Quote
Every heating challenge is unique. Chromalox offers the industry’s most comprehensive offering of component heaters and controls. Our experienced engineers will work with you to provide a complete thermal solution for your unique application.