Health and Safety
Health and safety is an integral part of our everyday routine; it is part of our culture, the way we work, and we take pride in what we do.
Health & Safety Mission
The health and safety of our employees, contractors and visitors is of critical importance to Chromalox. Our mission is to: achieve health and safety excellence through engagement, empowerment and fostering good behaviors, while targeting zero accidents.
Health & Safety Culture
Health and safety is an integral part of our everyday routine; it is part of our culture, the way we work, and we take pride in what we do. We strengthen our culture through providing employees with training and tools to recognize hazards, mitigate risk and implement strong health and safety management practices. Core components of our program include:
- Seamless integration of health and safety into daily work practices, including start of shift and organizational meetings, project planning, equipment purchasing and process design.
- Training for all employees at all levels of the organization.
- Identification of job and site-specific safe work practices.
- Celebrating innovation and problem solving related to workplace health and safety.
- Reviews of all accidents, incidents, near misses and risks, accompanied by corrective action plans.
- Measuring leading and lagging key performance indicators.
- Tracking and trending of data to drive a predictive, proactive and preventive approach to health and safety management.
Health & Safety Management
The Chromalox management team assumes responsibility for maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. Top leadership has the ultimate responsibility, while all levels of management and supervisors are responsible the deployment of our health and safety values and the efficiency of our systems. All other employees are expected to be engaged and participate in health and safety programs.
All Chromalox sites are expected to follow applicable local regulations, adhere to the Group EHS, Energy & Sustainability Policy and to implement guiding health and safety management programs. Regular assessment of the health and safety management takes place through periodic inspections and audits.